- "It's been a long, fun, and sometimes a rough ride, but I know this much - I'm going to miss
Organic Chemisty. This was the most challenging experience of my academic career. It
made me think."
- "Ah well, I guess, I'm not cut out to be a chemist after all... If you see a disheveled guy on the street who looks familiar from your
organic chemistry class, please be kind and throw me some spare change, will ya?
But I am looking forward to taking this class again."
- "Concentration on understanding, instead of memorization was
unprecedented: everything had to be understood AND applied."
- "It was much more challenging and much more fun than I thought was
possible for a college course."
- "The tests are extremely difficult. It's a real exercise for your brain."
- "It is a demanding class. It takes concepts we already know and
complicates them. It was intimidating at first, but I like it now, and it is
- "I used to think it was supposed to be difficult. Now I just realize
everyone who took in the past was an idiot."
- " I am working my a.. off and only doing average in the class. I
am tired of living my academic life relative to the mean."
- "I've done WAY too much work to get the grades I have. To do THIS much
work and have to think about dropping the class has made my life a LIVING
- "The exams in this class are like running into a brick wall, backing up
and doing it again, and again. Yet, you loved the challenge."
- "'Organic Chemistry' is a misleading name for this course. 'Explanation
of Once Apparently Mystical Structure and Mechanisms of All Molecular World' would be a better name."
- "For the first time I found it beneficial to come to class. I enjoyed the
problems we did during lectures. When the class thought we knew what was
going on, another exception or more complicated problem was thrown at us to
show that we still have a way to go. I found myself thinking in lecture,
something most classes don't force you to do."
- "The course is demanding but you learn with a sense of true
accomplishment. You know you have worked extra hard and have earned your
- "It actually made me think. I was told that this was one of the most
difficult classes that I will have to take. I believe that! But as long as
you put the time in to learn what is being presented it isn't that
- "The class was challenging, and even though it seemed I never spent so
much time for lower grades, I was really learning something difficult that
most people don't know."
- "The emphasis was on fundamental understanding of material, rather than
teaching how to solve a certain format of test questions. One needed to
understand concepts and apply them to problems never encountered before,
rather than memorizing recipes."